Saturday 19 April 2014

Letter number 5 - San Francisco

Postcard of Cliff House, San Francisco, Cal.

10/9/24 or as they put it here 9/10/24

Dear Chas,

There is not much time to write as it is on mail time but this will let you know how I am and also show you. We are having a great time of course and as we only landed on the evening of 5th my head will burst before I return with the things I have seen. A 30 mile drive the day this was taken, Monday, one of 112 miles yesterday and tomorrow we are off to Los Angeles for 4 days and then by stages to Rochester Minnesota where the Mayo Bros are and where Bill I hope will get fixed up and from these I will write more fully. We are both well and enjoying it greatly. Sent this on to Mother so as she can see her dear son is not yet fading away. Hope you are well. Your loving brother Gordon.

(superscript:) We were at Cliff House about 10 minutes and this was sold as we were leaving the place. She sure is some place for speed.