Thursday 17 April 2014

Post card from Bill Treloar to Harry Gordon Gracie

London street scene on postcard from 1924 (see facsimile below)

Bodilly, Feb 20th 24

Dear Harry,

Just a few lines to let you know I received two letters from you one from Toulon and one from Port Said. Glad to hear you were having a good time. I know that Marjorie Litmus you speak of she once stayed with us at Tamworth. I had a letter form the girls in which they said they were going to Calcutta so you would not see them at Colombo. They said there was a chap on board called Biassey who went to school with me would be going back on the Ormonde with you. I was up in London for 3 days last week say Jaso and Mrs also met Ken Woodhill for a few minutes but hope to see more of him when he returns from France. The Lizzie is going well; Will write more next mail. All from Bodilly send their love. Your old pardner “Bill”